Tuesday, August 2, 2011

James 1:2-8
2 Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. 3 For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. 4 So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing. 5 If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. 6 But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. 7 Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do.

James 1:12-17
12 God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. 13 And remember, when you are being tempted, do not say, “God is tempting me.” God is never tempted to do wrong, and he never tempts anyone else. 14 Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away. 15 These desires give birth to sinful actions. And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death. 16 So don’t be misled, my dear brothers and sisters. 17 Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.

Matthew 6:33&34
33 Seek the Kingdom of God[d] above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. 34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.

-----------------------------------------------------------

There has been so many new changes recently in my life, so I figured that It was time for another post about what is going on. Well as I last updated, Jess moved out - now Rachel lives here. After the fact we realize that it was supposed to happen. Rachel is amazing! We have been spending a lot of time together recently, we have both been unemployed, but it has been great. I started looking at the beginning of May and just a week ago found something. I really didn't know what I was looking for so the entire month of May was spent in God's word. Literally every day I spent about 3 to 4 hours just reading and writing about what was in my heart which is when I finally had the answer to the question I had been asked all of my life; "What do you want to be when you grow up?"

I want to do missions. I want to be able to travel the world and be able to spread the light and love of Jesus. To most people I'm sure your response would be something like, "I want to travel too, but that isn't really a job." That is where I would like to say that you are wrong. I'm not talking about going to a different country or city every week. I'm saying I want to go to the unreached areas of the world and stay for weeks or months in one place. Actually be able to meet people and learn about them, who they are and listen to stories about their families. I want these people to really know who we are and why we are there. I realize that I just said a whole bunch of "I want" but It's true. I have been chewing my fingernails off over the past 2 months trying to figure out what exactly my next move was.

So I just prayed and seeked after God and what He wanted me to do. Within about a week of realizing that I wanted to do missions, an amazing opportunity landed in my lap. I knew that I had been led in the right direction. After all it had been around the time where I had the chance to feel rejection and to sulk around in my flesh or continue to seek God and know that his plans for me wouldn't disappoint me. So here I am 2 months later with the chance to go to a different country and help with the beginning stages of a girls home that will be housing and councilling girls that have been rescued out of human trafficking.

I can't really be too specific right now but when I get more info I will update. Please be praying for the team and for us to have incredible favor in everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment