Friday, December 24, 2010

Interview #9 - Bailie Kennedy
via email - November 29th



What are some pieces in your closet that you'll wear forever? I would like to think that all of my clothes will be in style forever! Who knows! Hopefully my bazillion pairs of shoes…my fur coats (faux of course) my liquid tights (peace, love and liquid tights)…my dress I bought in Paris…
 What accessories do you obsesses over? Amazing headpieces, rings, fun gaudy bangles, my Prada sunnies, my MK watch (thanks, Zach!), anything sparkly and vintagey and GOLD! A good accessory can really turn a so-so outfit into a total WOW! Although I am the queen of bling…one statement piece is sometimes all you need with an outfit. It really depends on the outfit if “less is more” or if “more is fabulous!”
 What female icon inspires your style? I don’t know if anyone particularly inspires my style…I am always inspired by so many things! Just walking into Anthro inspires me…
 What patterns do you always find yourself mixing? What do I not find myself mixing!!  To me, not matching is cute and matchy matchy drives my eyeballs insane! So, I mix and match as I please J
 What is your favorite quote? Let’s go with a couple of my favs:“Good clothes open all doors”  - Thomas Fuller, which in my opinion can coincide with a fav verse of mine…Colossians 3:12-14(message) So, chosen by God for this new life of love, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline. Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it.” So, while wearing love, your all-purpose garment, all doors will be opened for you!
 What are you top 5 favorite colors of nail polish? Top 5! Ahhh! I will feel like I am hurting all of my OPI’s feelings if I only pick 5! I’m going to name the top 5 I have used recently… 1. Russian Navy (if you don’t have it, GET it! It is a must have navy that goes with everything!) 2. Cuck-oo For This Color (divine emerald green that will make your heart melt) 3. Bring on the Bling (to-die-for mix of gold and multi-colored sparkles from the new Burlesque line…seriously designed with Bailie Paige Kennedy in mind.) 4. Rising Star (another one from the Burlesque line…think a shimmery burnt gold…looks Ah-MAZ-ing  under Bring on the Bling) 5. Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous (Ok, this shimmery silver is ultra fab, and it spoke to my heart because it reminded me of my little trip to Lucerne 2 years ago!)
 If you were to write a novel, what would it be about? Oh my gosh, what wouldn’t I want to write about! I have started writing so many books, only to realize that I hate writing so much dialogue! I will have books out in the future…some have been in the works for years and years…I can’t reveal the details just yet…but I’ll sign your copy when I go on tour J
 What TV show do you find yourself devouring? Come take a glimpse through my packed DVR! (xoxo)Gossip Girl, Real Housewives, The Office, Glee …and so many more! When Project Runway and Rachel Zoe are in season I am faithfully theirs…the list goes on and on and on!
 What online stores do you like to shop at? There was a period in my life where I was obsessed with online shopping! I was the ebay QUEEN! All my gold jewels come from my lovely ebay days. Nowadays I really just stick to buying things in stores…unless I find something that I am absolutely obsessed with, and find it online for cheap! I do love to buy my books for cents at amazon.com!
 What is your favorite workout routine? Treadmill or elliptical in the cardio cinema room watching a really good movie or listening to some good tunes. Otherwise, I’m BORED! 
 Who are some of your favorite designers right now? Michael Kors, Marc Jacobs, Betsey Johnson (who doesn’t want to own a wacky tutu?) McQueen, Chanel…as RZ would say…I DIE!
 Iphone or Blackberry? As of this moment, Blackberry. It is SO Rachel Zoe to be on my Blackberry 24/7. But, come December…Iphone all the way!
 If you could have access to 1 celebrity's closet, whose closet would you choose? Too hard to pick! I would want to mix and match from so many people’s closets! How about I have access to their checkbooks instead?
 What is your favorite time period of art / artist / paintings? Funny thing…I love all things artsy and such, BUT I don’t really have a favorite art period. Love Degas…I want to be in those dance classes with the frilly ballerinas!
 How would you describe your style? Bailie Paige Kennedy. (I tried to describe it so many times, but couldn’t fully get the perfect description. I like to take risks, but not in a Bjork kind of way. I also like to wear comfy clothes mixed with a huge necklace or ring…or fur coat...)
 If you could live in any country, which country would you choose? I absolutely love love love European countries like France, England, Italy, Spain, Greece (my homeland)..but I love the good ol’ USA! If not the U.S., I would live in either England (London, obvs) or France (Paris, jeTres fantastique!
 What is your signature scent? Versace Bright Crystal has been a fabulous sidekick for the past few years. Not too strong, just right!

No comments:

Post a Comment