Thursday, February 24, 2011

Interview 19 Liz Newberry
via email - January 22nd


If you could live abroad for 1 year, where would you like to live? Australia. I have ALWAYS wanted to go there!! 
What would you say is your greatest strength? That's such a hard question. It would be easy to tell you my greatest weakness, or the things I'm good at, but my greatest strength? I'm still finding that out. 
Do you have any hidden Talents? Yes. I can turn my belly button inside out. I found out I could do that when I had chicken pocks in the first grade. I can also play the harmonica & piano at the same time, but it's not really a "hidden" talent if you've seen me perform before.  
If they were to make a movie about your life, who would play you? I'm not really that great with celebrities, so I really don't know who. I really like Kate Hudson, but (no offense Kate) she's a little to old. I doubt the actress exists as an actress yet. I'm still to young to have a movie made about me I think.   
What is the last book you read? I'm currently reading the Heavenly Man. The last book I read that wasn't assigned to me was Everything Is Illuminated. The book is way better than the movie... of course.
What is your signature drink at Starbucks? I don't think I've found my "signature" drink at Starbucks yet. But if I had to pick I would probably say a Black & White Mocha hold the whip.
What is something you are out to accomplish in 2011? Graduate from The Guts Church Internship, start finishing school (I have about a year left), and start playing music more regularly (After I graduate from the internship.)  
If you could go back to a day in History what day would you go back to & why? I don't recall a day that I would particularly love to visit.  I know that's a horrible way to answer the question, but it's the truth. 
What are some of your favorite places to shop? The Gap, J.Crew & Vintage or Thrift Stores. I don't like buying clothes that I could see on 15 of my friends unless they are just basics like a basic pair of jeans or a white v-neck.
What are you passionate about? God. My church. people. Music & Art. 
What is your favorite time period of art / artist / paintings? Does now count? I love meeting emerging artists and seeing their artwork. especially if I meet them before they really start to flourish, and then see them begin to!
What is your signature sent? Finally! An easy question! Turquoise by Ralph Lauren. The only sent I've ever loved. (yet)
If you were to write a novel, what would it be about? My family & my own life. my family (as I'm sure many people feel this way) has such an interesting crazy story that if shared with the world could most likely help others by reading it.
Would you rather spend a weekend in the mountains or on the beach? Absolutely the beach. I hate cold weather, and since I've never skied of snow boarded before I can't tell you if I would like it!
Who is someone dead or alive that you admire? The people that I admire the most are the people who have actually affected my life. They are all still alive. I'd rather not say who, but they are people who refuse to live a mediocre life.
If you had to change your name, what would you change it to? Liza. My friend Erin calls me Liza sometimes & it's my favorite nick-name. 
What does the word "adventure" mean to you? Adventure to me means doing something unexpected, out of your comfort zone, & fearless. I really would love to go on an "adventure-tour" around the USA. I would absolutely LOVE to travel to every state. I would start by staying with people that I know  & performing at venues that they have connections to & then move along to their connections in other states. I don't know how safe that would be, or how much it would cost me, but I would love to know more about the country that I love in & the people who live in it. I don't know if I will ever actually do this, but it is a dream of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment